This Christmas Wreath Applique would be perfect for a garland.
3 1/2″ across
*These are our finished sizes. If yours doesn’t fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
Worsted weight yarn (4-medium)
- We suggest Lion Brand, Vanna’s Choice yarn.
G-6 (4.00mm) crochet hook
*Amazon Affiliate Links
- (11 sts) means how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. That count does include the chain.
shell st-shell stitch
*This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
Starting with green yarn,
ch 9, join
Row 1: 25 dc around ch, join to first st of row
Row 2: sc in same st as joining, shell st around, join in first st of row
With red yarn,
Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 2 sc in next 8 sts, sc in next 17 sts, 2 sc in next 9 sts, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
Bow tie: ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining ch, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- with long part of bow
- make a bow shape
- wrap bow tie around the middle
- tack down bow tie with red yarn and a yarn needle
- tack down bow to bottom of wreath with red yarn and a yarn needle
- with red yarn and yarn needle
- stitch cherries to front of wreath