If you are an intermediate crocheter and looking for a fun project to make, this is the granny stitch cowl for you!
17″ from top to bottom
*These are our finished measurements. If yours don’t fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
Worsted weight yarn (4-medium)
- CA: We used less than 1 skein of Caron, One Pound, Deep Violet.*
- CB: We also used less than 1 skein of Red Heart, Super Saver, Gold.*
*Amazon Affiliate Links
2 granny stitches x 3 rows is 2″
*Change your hook size to obtain the gauge.
multiples of 3
- This pattern is written in American crochet terms.
- Granny Stitch– 3 double crochet in same space.
- Picot Stitch– ch 3, single crochet in 3rd ch from hook, skip 1 stitch, single crochet in next stitch
picot st-picot stitch
granny st-granny stitch
Start with CA,
Ch 108, join
Round 1: ch 2, 2 dc in same st as ch, ch 1, sk 2 ch sps, *granny st in next st, ch 1, sk 2 ch sps* repeat * to * around, join in top of ch 2
Rounds 2-27: slst in next 3 sts, ch 2, 2 dc in same st as ch, ch 1, *granny st in next ch sp, ch 1* repeat * to * around, join in top of ch 2
Round 28: slst in next 3 sts, ch 2, 2 dc in same st as ch, ch 1, *granny st in next ch sp, ch 1* repeat * to * around, join in top of ch 2
Cut yarn and change to CB.
Round 29: ch 1, sc in each st around, join in first sc of round
Round 30: ch 1, *picot st, sc in next st* repeat * to * around, join in first sc of round, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
Edging on opposite side.
Round 1: ch 1, sc in each st around, join in first sc of round
Pattern and photos © 2015, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights received.